November 22, 2006

What's Up?

Hello Family & Friends!!

Here's a brief summary of what's up!! Carter started Kindergarten at Creekside Oaks this year and Jackson started pre-school at The Little Schoolhouse (Carter's Pre-School). I am working full-time (under protest!) as is Dave - he makes the Big Bucks!!

Dave is still at HP in Roseville...thank goodness!!!!! We had a HUGE scare this past Spring/Summer and thought he just might lose his 13 year job. Well, as the dice were rolled, he "got" to stay. His job has changed somewhat in that now he does some of what he used to do and some of his stuff went to India. He is on the phone and/or email with workers from India assisting them with their new duties! It all amounts to the bottom line...America is going to outsource us right out of a country!!!

As for me, I am working for another manufacturer, Jensen Precast, in Sacramento. They manufacture underground utility vaults for wet and dry utilities (cable, water, septic, manholes, etc.). I started in August as Inside Sales, basically what I used to do in the steel business but now selling concrete vaults, etc. During training, they decided to send me on Project #1 at their Lockeford (near Lodi) branch to organize the shipping dept for FOUR WEEKS. Then, back to Sac for a week to go on ride-a-longs with truck drivers to see the product set into the ground. Then, back to Lockeford for Project #2 for TWO WEEKS to help write a quality control manual. THEN, they "created" a new position for me to start doing regional purchasing as well as cost analysis (efficiency reports) for production!! I am grateful to finally be residing in Sac permanently, but I will be traveling from time to time to our other three branches, Lockeford, Orland (Chico), and Fairfield.

I've been having fun in the "Excel" world and my spreadsheet is HUGE! Needless to say, I am enjoying the new duties which are so different than "where's my material, it's going to rain this week?"

The boys are good and enjoying school. More details to follow...

Dave's parents are good and busy traveling in the summer, visiting Debbie from time to time, and keeping up with their new puppies, Tinkerbell & Cee Cee. They are so funny!! His folks go camping every year with their RV buddies to Lake Almanor, Collins Lake, and Eagle Lake. Papa Roy tries to get in a fishing/hunting trip with his twin brother, Ray, every October at Eagle Lake again, so that's fun for him!! Grammy Nancy stays busy doing lots of work in the house, reading her romance and mystery novels, and watching the boys on Tuesdays to help us out!! I am spoiled because she helps with the laundry...one should be so darn lucky!!

My parents are still in El Dorado Hills hoping to sell the house and move near us, so hopefully, the market will be better next year for them!! Papa Randy just retired this year, and Grammy Shirley has been retired for a year now after her accident (long story - email me if you really need to know!). They are busy at doctor's appts. for themselves and my Uncle Ray. They help us out too with the boys and watch them every Friday!! The boys love seeing their grandparents all the time...they are Very Lucky!!! They also manage to make it to the East Coast every year, and this year they went to Florida and met up with Joyce, Dave, Aylese, Scott, baby Samuel, Nicole, and Roslyn. They had fun at Epcot and Disneyworld!!!

We lost two loved ones this year, Grandma Aslanian in March, she was 93 and was just plain tired I think. And, we lost Aunt Edith this summer...to lung cancer and brain cancer. Uncle Ray is having a tough time, so my parents spend time with him as do other relatives to help him through it. Pam & Marnie are doing great!! Pam got married last year and Marnie has had a serious boyfriend for quite a while now!! We get to see them many times throughout the year!

I am still very active with Lincoln Mom's...I think I would go crazy if I didn't have my friends! The boys get to go to events with my friend who watches them on Monday's, so that's nice!! I am still selling Mary Kay and that will NEVER change, so order up!!! We are very lucky and have a wonderful support system here in Lincoln! We love our neighborhood and the town we live in. We love the community and the small-town feel it has...it's only about 23K but growing like crazy...we'll see what the next census says!!

Well, please give us a holler...shout out...say "hey" when you get a chance!!! We would love to hear from you!!! Here's my email that I use to avoid spam, so if you do not have our home email, send me a note at this one, and I will send you the "Real McCoy".

Email: liberalindy@sbcglobal.net

Take Care!!

Tammy

No comments:

Powered By Blogger